Sunday, January 25, 2009

Uh.....not morning sickness, ALL DAY SICKNESS!


So I have heard plenty of people talk about "morning sickness", but never in a million years would I imagine it would be like this.

First of all, they shouldn't call it "morning sickness" but "all day sickness"! It feels like you have the flu 24/7! Your stomach constantly hurts, Smells that you usually love, make you want to puke, and the food that you would normally love to eat repulses you! A couple of my examples, Brad got me a perfume I have been wanting from Vikor and Rolf called Flower bomb. Before I was pregnant I loved the smell of it, now if I even try to wear a little of it it makes me puke! Most of my perfume does that now! :( As for repulsive food, I will not go near Chinese now, which has always been my all time favorite. Even sadder, while we were in Aspen, we went to my favorite restaurant, "The Hickory House," where I always get ribs, as soon as I walked in the door, the smell of the BBQ was making me sick and I barely ate any dinner! I tried to eat one of Brad's ribs and I gagged!
WHAT IS THIS BABY DOING TO ME!!!!

One morning I cleared my throat after I woke up and it sent me into a 5 minute vomiting episode. Another night I was trying to make Brad his favorite meat loaf, and the smell of the raw meat set me off again! Of course Brad is always comforting, walks in after I am laying on the floor and asks, "you think you're gonna survive?" ASS! What can I expect, he is a boy after all. I washed up and finished his dinner like a champ!

The somewhat good news is I am down 9 pounds since I got pregnant. So I have not gained a single pound yet! :) I just reached the 12 week mark yesterday! One more week and I will be out of my first trimester! The sickness and horrible heartburn are still here but they are getting better with everyday. I am starting to be able to eat again. Even though nothing really taste good. I find that eating fruit, cottage cheese and grape juice are my saviors! Sometimes I get brave and eat a full on meal, most of the time I regret it later!

Even though I am feeling awful and sometimes wonder why I did this to myself, I know that it will all be worth in when I am able to hold that little baby in my arms! I can not wait to see what he/or she looks like! 6 months in counting, though it feels like forever!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In the end, it will be all worth it. You will look at ZH and say -he is just like his daddy.